Cooperative Energy Futures works on various projects and events relating to organizing communities, holding workshops, researching energy efficiency, and working outside companies to be able to provide the best services.
Our big past accomplishments are:
- 18 completed (2013 and 2014) and 28 pending (2015) residential solar installations across the Twin Cities metro area. Secured 2015 Made in Minnesota residential applications represent 7.2% of the total 2015 statewide Made in Minnesota residential market.
- 24 completed residential insulation and air sealing retrofits (2008, 2011, 2012) with an average reduction in blower door readings (a measure of the portion of overall energy savings attributable to air leakage) of 29%.
- 6 weatherization work parties of groups of neighbors learning DIY home energy saving techniques together in a house party setting.
- 42 in-home energy efficiency trainings on DIY direct-install of energy saving materials, including 11 workshops in Spanish (2008-Present, mostly in 2011).
These links will provide further insights to projects that CEF is working on:
- Community Solar: We have now built out a robust model for community solar that is cooperatively owned and universally accessible, and are developing projects across the state.
- Workshops: Our customizable workshops offer do-it-yourself energy saving information and hands on practice for your home – we come to you! Low-cost energy-saving materials are also available.
- Bulk Buying: We support teams of neighbors in buying home insulation, solar, and home energy saving materials in bulk. Save time and money while making home energy upgrades fun.