The CEF Edina Community Solar Garden is now fully subscribed. Learn more about the Edina solar garden reaching full subscription!
CEF is currently in the engineering review stage of the Xcel Energy application process to be a solar garden, and expects approval to build the solar garden by February 2017 with construction by late Spring 2017.
To learn more:
- Read our FAQ about the Edina project
- Read a summary about what it means to subscribe
- Check out general info on Community Solar Gardens
- Read local news coverage from Edina Magazine and the Edina Sun Current
- Joining our Waiting List to be invited to join a Community Solar Garden when one becomes available in your area
- Help us launch a new Community Solar Garden that you would be eligible for by recommending and connecting us with a potential host site. If you know a potential location interested in serving as a host site of a community solar array, you can send a recommendation to Solar Site Assessor Bruce Konewko at firstname.lastname@example.org, (612) 568-2334. Please include your name, contact information, the specific address (street, city, state, zip) of the site you are recommending, and a sentence or two about your connection to the site and its owner. Good solar garden sites are at least 30,000 square feet of empty space on a flat roof, or 1-5 acres of parking lots (for a solar canopy system) or open land. Large public buildings like schools and public works buildings, some large congregations, and large commercial or warehouse spaces make great roofs, as do open parking lots or fields.