Cooperative Energy Futures is developing our first community solar garden on the roof of Shiloh Temple International Ministries in North Minneapolis. The solar garden will provide enough power for about 50 households, and members of the congregation and local residents will have first priority to subscribe. CEF is working in partnership with Renewable Energy Partners to conduct on-the-job training for local North Minneapolis residents through this project to advance racial equity in hiring in the solar industry. CEF is collaborating with Minnesota Interfaith Power and Light and organizers connected with Shiloh Temple, Neighborhoods Organizing for Change, and Sierra Club Northstar to engage local community members and communities of faith in this solar garden.
Have more questions about the Shiloh Project? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
The Shiloh Temple community solar garden is still open for subscribers. Anyone with an Xcel Energy bill in Hennepin County or an adjacent county may subscribe upfront. Pay-as-you-go subscriptions for Shiloh are currently limited to residents of North Minneapolis and members of Shiloh Temple International Ministries. To get started with the process:
- Download, print, and complete this Xcel Customer Energy Data Consent Release Form. This form allows Xcel to give us the information legally required to determine the subscription you are eligible for. We have pre-filled most of this form with the information we need, so all you need to do is fill in the bottom of the form with your Xcel Energy customer account number, your full address, and the printed name and signature of the person listed on your Xcel Energy bill. Please make sure the name of the person signing, address, and account number exactly match what is on your Xcel bill, otherwise Xcel will not accept the form.
- Scan and email this document to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to “Cooperative Energy Futures, ATTN: Mary Kay Olson, 3500 Bloomington Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55407”
- Complete the below form to make it easy for us to follow up with you about the next steps:
What Happens Next:
- After we receive your utility data release form and sign-up, we will submit the data release form to Xcel – this will allow us to calculate the subscription size you are eligible for.
- We’ll call or email you to talk about how much you want to subscribe for, whether you want to subscribe upfront or pay-as-you-go, and answer other questions you have about subscribing.
- We’ll send you copies of the documents you will need to sign (the Subscriber Agency Agreement with Xcel, the Subscription Agreement with us, and the process for becoming a CEF member if you haven’t already).
- We’ll work with you to answer any further questions that you have and schedule a time to sit down and discuss and sign these documents.
- At that meeting, we’ll talk through any remaining questions you have, clarify payment details based on your selected subscription option, go through the expected timeline and process for completing the project and starting operations, and go through signing the documents.