Southern Minnesota solar gardens through Solar United Neighborhoods
Sign up now for a Cooperative Energy Futures solar garden in southern Minnesota! You are eligible if:
- You are in Blue Earth, Dakota, Dodge, Faribault, Freeborn, Goodhue, Le Sueur, Mower, Rice, Scott, Steele, or Waseca county
- You get electricity from Xcel Energy – renters are welcome!
Community solar gardens are a great way to participate in clean energy with no upfront cost and a net monthly savings! You will earn credits on your Xcel Energy bill for your portion of the energy generated by the array.
- Learn more about CEF’s unique approach!
- Check out the Subscription Agreement Overview to get a sense of what it means to subscribe
- Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page or contact us!
About the three solar gardens:
Faribault (pictured left under construction): This 1,310kW solar garden located just east of Faribault, MN is 76% full. The garden is expected to be producing energy by April 2019. Subscriptions are filling fast, and this is the only garden available for residents of Dakota, Dodge, Goodhue, and Scott counties.
Clarks Grove (under construction): This 332kW solar garden located just northwest of Clarks Grove, MN is 72% full. The garden is expected to be producing energy by March 2019.
Waseca (construction starting spring 2019): This 1,357kW solar garden located just east of Janesville, MN is 30% full. Construction on this garden will begin after the spring thaw once the solar garden is 60% full, and is expected to be producing energy by summer 2019. This is the only garden available for residents in Blue Earth County.
If you want to subscribe, the time to sign up is now. Use the form below to let us know you are interested!