We’re excited that you want to join a Cooperative Energy Futures Community Solar Garden! For more information about our first solar garden, check out our Frequently Asked Questions page. For more information on CEF’s unique approach, click here.
CEF’s first Community Solar Garden at Shiloh Temple is currently accepting upfront subscribers across the metro area (anyone with an electric bill in Hennepin County or an adjacent county). Until 9/30/2015, we are accepting pay-as-you-go subscribers only from North Minneapolis, or who are affiliated with Shiloh Temple. Starting 10/1/2015, pay as you go subscriptions will be available to anyone in the metro area. Even if you want to subscribe pay-as-you-go and are not in the area, you can sign up now to get on a wait list for Shiloh or other future solar gardens.
Subscribing to a solar garden is a multi-step process (see the bottom of this page), and you are not committed until you sign the subscriber agreement that we will customize based on your eligible subscription size and your needs.
Start the Process:
Follow these steps to help us get you started on subscribing for community solar:
- Download, print, and complete this Xcel Customer Energy Data Consent Release Form. This form allows Xcel to give us the information legally required to determine the subscription you are eligible for. We have pre-filled most of this form with the information we need, so all you need to do is fill in the bottom of the form with your Xcel Energy customer account number, your full address, and the printed name and signature of the person listed on your Xcel Energy bill. Please make sure the name of the person signing, address, and account number exactly match what is on your Xcel bill, otherwise Xcel will not accept the form.
- Scan and email this document to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to “Cooperative Energy Futures, ATTN: Mary Kay Olson, 3500 Bloomington Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55407”
- Complete the below form to make it easy for us to follow up with you about the next steps:
What Happens Next:
- After we receive your utility data release form and sign-up, we will submit the data release form to Xcel – this will allow us to calculate the subscription size you are eligible for.
- We’ll call or email you to talk about how much you want to subscribe for, whether you want to subscribe upfront or pay-as-you-go, and answer other questions you have about subscribing.
- We’ll send you copies of the documents you will need to sign (the Subscriber Agency Agreement with Xcel, the Subscription Agreement with us, and the process for becoming a CEF member if you haven’t already) and will work with you to schedule a time to sit down and discuss and sign these documents.
- At that meeting, we’ll talk through any remaining questions you have, clarify payment details based on your selected subscription option, go through the expected timeline and process for completing the project and starting operations, and go through signing the documents.