Join Us for the 2017 Annual Members Meeting
Every year Cooperative Energy Futures members (non-members also welcome in a non-voting role) join the co-op for an evening of sharing, learning and important decisions about the co-ops future. Please join us 6-8:30PM on Thursday April 20th at the Edina Public Works Building, site of our upcoming second solar garden, for this year’s Annual Members Meeting. The event will include food, time to meet other CEF members, exciting speakers, and opportunities to be a part of our growing community solar movement.
Who We Are
Welcome to Cooperative Energy Futures (CEF). We are an energy efficiency and community-owned clean energy cooperative based in South Minneapolis and serving members across Minnesota. We develop community solar gardens for our members and offer products and services to help you save energy and money in your home. We work to help you connect with neighbors to build a better energy future together.
Currently, CEF is helping neighbors and businesses cut their energy costs through solar and energy efficiency.
CEF is made up of community residents from several communities across Minnesota who are coming together to create a clean energy future together. More members are joining everyday. Joining us is easy.
Community Solar Gardens (CSG) make solar affordable by building a large solar array on a sunny roof or open area. CSGs can also make solar available to anyone who pays an electric bill by allowing renters, home-owners, businesses, and organizations to subscribe for solar power. Xcel Energy is required to give a bill credit to anyone who subscribes to a CSG for the power produced by their portion of the array.
Now with community solar gardens, solar is possible for anyone who pays an electric bill. As a cooperative, we’re keeping costs low, creating jobs for those who need them most, and ensuring community ownership and control.
- Learn More About Community Solar Gardens
- Learn more about the CEF approach to Community Solar Gardens
- Learn more about what it means to Subscribe to a CEF community solar garden
- Join the Shiloh Temple Community Solar Garden – pay-as-you-go subscriptions are currently available for North Side residents and Shiloh members only. Upfront subscriptions are currently available to all.
- Join the Waiting List – more solar gardens are coming soon
- The Edina Community Solar Garden has now filled – read more about a bright future for Edina solar subscribers
CEF helps Twin Cities residents install solar on their own homes using several state incentives and low-cost financing programs.